GOSHA COMMITTEE’S OBJECTIVES
2016 to 2021
We will provide meaningful health & safety at work education, information and CPD activities and initiatives including
- quarterly talks/dinners
- tutor led basic introduction to health & safety at work
- information to members on HSE initiatives
- site visits – at least one per year
- promotion of Guernsey safety & health week
Good education, information and continuing professional development support will be our principal aim.
- recognise achievement, particularly the highest qualifications and awards
- try to grow our membership numbers each year
- be inclusive in our approach
We will communicate with our members and the public through
- Our website
- Meetings and Events
- A newsletter issued at least every other month
- Our annual dinner/awards event
- Providing information about our work to press and other media
INCOME AND EXPENDITURE
All income will be used only for GOSHA purposes unless the Committee decides that it is to be used for another purpose (such as fundraising for nominated charities).
Our overall aim is to achieve good value for GOSHA and its members.
PR AND LIAISON
GOSHA has PR responsibilities, particularly in promoting a professional, well-informed image of health & safety at work and the potential career opportunities which exist.
We will continue to liaise with and maintain good relationships with
- Islanders in general in Guernsey
- The media and Guernsey based public and professional bodies which work with or have influence on our industry, including the States of Guernsey, Guernsey HSE and educational bodies
We will promote high standards to our members (including professional qualifications and ethical practices).
We will organise occasional social events if appropriate to bring members together and build rapport within GOSHA.