GOSHA Open Meeting
Fire Safety in the Workplace – an update by Steve Wilkes, Fire Safety Manager, Guernsey Fire & Rescue Service
Topics to be covered include:
- The Guernsey Fire Law vs the UK Fire Law
- What is a Fire Risk Assessment
- Is there a duty to carry out a Fire Risk Assessment
- How Guernsey Fire & Rescue Service can assist
- Local buildings and fire safety solutions
6.30pmThursday 17 May 2018 at La Villette Hotel, St Martin
(please arrive in good time)
The cost is
Which includes the cost of dinner – please advise if you have any special dietary needs.
Please send payment to our Secretary:
Jon Coyde, Para Seimpre, Rue Charruee, Castel , Guernsey GY5 7XU
This presentation has been kindly sponsored by AFM Guernsey
Please email email@example.com to confirm your booking or complete the booking form below.
Legionella Awareness Training in Guernsey
10am to 4pm Wednesday 23 May 2018 May 2018 at St Pierre Park Hotel, Guernsey arranged by SMS Environmental
Telephone 07764 926 538
• Mike Weinbren provided his advice as part of the HTM 04-01 steering group. Health Technical Memorandum 04-01: Safe water in healthcare premises is a Department of Health guidance document used in conjunction with the ACoP guidance by Healthcare providers.
• Paul McDermot contributed to the production of numerous Legionella-related guidance documents. These guidance documents have included: The HSE’s revised Approved Code of Practice, L8 (4th edition) – Legionnaires’ disease. The control of legionella bacteria in water systems. The HSE’s revised guidance document, HSG274 – Legionnaires’ disease: Technical guidance BS 8580:2010 – Water quality. Risk assessments for Legionella control. Code of practice, CIBSE’s TM13- Minimising the Risk of Legionnaires’
A copy of the invitation issued by SMS Environmental can be viewed by clicking here
Not just another Health & Safety brief – by Jason Anker
7pm, Wednesday 11th July 2018 at the Princess Royal Centre for Performing Arts Guernsey
What happens when someone suffers a life-changing injury at work?
Come and listen to this compelling, thought provoking speaker and be inspired!
A real life story of the devastating impact of a workplace incident.
Jason was just like many 24 year olds, married, 2 children and a love of football.
He went to work one day without a care in the world, but that day would prove to
be so very different. One moment in time and one action that was to change life
Event is kindly supported by CIGPE, BIFM and GDA
Free admission – As a result of the importance and significance of this presentation to everyone. The session will provide compelling reinforcement why health and safety is so important and why GOSHA exists.
GOSHA would like to welcome as many people as possible to this presentation by Jason Anker.
Book at: www.guernseytickets.gg
More information: Box Office 01481 749999
Download event flyer by clicking here.
You can register for any of our upcoming talks/non-training events using the registration form below